A couple of months ago I was absolutely delighted to be chosen as one of the runners up in the PurFlo Blogger of the Year search, and to have the opportunity to work with them over the course of 2016. I have previously reviewed their magnificent Breathable Nest, which Jake slept beautifully in before he sadly grew too big for it! I knew what fantastic quality products they create for safe and comfortable baby sleep, so I was very excited to be given one of their SleepSacs as my first official PurFlo blogger review.
Baby sleeping bags in general have become very popular in recent years, as they present a simple solution to the problem of layers of sheets and blankets in the cot, which can be difficult to keep on and to have the optimum conditions for safe sleep. What sets the PurFlo SleepSac apart from other bags I have used, is the attention to detail in the design and quality of the product.
What I love about the PurFlo SleepSac:
- Super soft and snuggly bamboo fabric lining which washes brilliantly without losing its silky softness. It’s also more absorbent than cotton and has natural anti-bacterial properties.
- The thick Amicor Pure filling ensures Jake stays warm but not too hot, whilst preventing build up of bacteria and dispelling dust mites that can aggravate asthma and eczema.
- The clever zip-on long sleeves mean you can keep little arms warm on cold nights, although I have never had to use them with Jake, and he stays perfectly cosy in a long-sleeved sleepsuit underneath the SleepSac. There are even integrated scratch mitts on the smallest two sizes, and it is available in two tog ratings so you can choose the best one for your baby’s usual sleeping environment. Jake has been sleeping happily in the 2.5 tog, but the 1.0 tog may be preferable for the upcoming (potentially!) warmer nights.
- The innovative way the zip twists around to the side of the SleepSac means you can get easy access to change nappies at night, although it’s becoming increasingly difficult to zip up my wriggly crawler if he chooses not to co-operate!
- Zip guards along the length of the zip and at the neck protect his delicate skin.
- With no need for additional covers or blankets, Jake can stay warm and comfortable wherever I put him down to sleep, and it’s less to pack for travelling!
- It comes in a variety of colours and gorgeous designs, and is suitable for babies from 0-18 months+ in four sizes. Jake is a big 10 month old (wearing 12-18 month clothes!) and fits perfectly into the 9-18 month SleepSac with room to grow.
With so many baby sleeping bags to choose from, I think you would be hard pressed to find one which has had as much thought go into creating it as the PurFlo SleepSac, or that will protect your baby from allergens and general discomfort as well as this. It’s worth paying for the peace of mind that the SleepSac brings and it should definitely be considered a newborn essential!
Jake’s SleepSac is 2.5 tog, size 9-18 months in Light Blue. Priced from £24.95-£39.95 depending on size.
I was sent a PurFlo SleepSac for the purpose of this review as part of being a PurFlo blogger. All opinions of the product are my own though.